Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Target never fails to keep me entertained.

So the other day, my mom and I went to Target. I was so dang excited, I hadn't been in a long time and I was stoked to have some Target-shopping-time. One of my favorite things.

Anyways, I found a few fun things I wanted to try on, so off to the dressing rooms I go! As I started trying things on, I hear singing. No, not from the loudspeaker up above, or someone blasting an iPod or something, but actual, real-life singing. Turns out a girl who was in the dressing room across from me, who sounded like 18ish, had put her friend on loudspeaker on her phone and asked her to sing to her. "Dang girl," I thought. "That's just low. If only she knew that people are listening to her right now."

But then they start having this full-on, heart to heart conversation after the girl on the speakerphone serenades her for another 5 minutes. "So, like, I'm trying on this dress right now and like, it does absolutely nothing for my bust, I mean really," Dressing room girl says.
"Oh, well then don't get that one!" Speakerphone girl says. "Like..why are you getting a dress anyway?"
"Well, I'm taking (don't remember the name, so I'm making one up if you don't mind) Scotty to the wedding next weekend."
"Oh my goshh, like you can't invite your boyfriend to a wedding, that type of thing just scares guys, especially when the wedding is in Mexico."
"Oh my gosh, you know I wouldn't take him all the way down to Mexico with me! No, I'm talking about the wedding here, jeez."
"Oh well thank goodness, well I guess that's okay then, whatever."

Etc., etc. Really girls? I mean really? Are you both really that confident to spill your stories out like that to each other when there could possibly be like 10 people listening? Even if it's entertaining, it's none of our buisness. Seriously.

Oh, the adventures of Target. You're never bored.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha
that is true. dont take a bf across borders for a wedding.

ponch0 said...

wow i would hate to be "speaker phone" girl.