Tuesday, January 8, 2008

pleasereadpleasereadpleaseread

Oh, hi friends! I want to tell you really quick about what's happening THIS Thursday (January 10) at Capo Valley High School. Right now, you're most likely not doing anything, and just spending your free time on the internet, and not being productive at all. So please, if you will, just hear me out.

So, this Thursday at Capo, we're having a screening of the Invisible Children Movie at 6:30 that evening. At my school, I'm part of the Invisible Children's Club, or ICC, and basically we're trying to spread awareness of the troubles in Uganda, and all the world. This screening is a fundraiser to raise money for the Schools for Schools program that we're trying to help out. It raises money for the children in Uganda so they can have school supplies, uniforms, and a nice school to go to in general. But if you want to go, don't feel like you're expected to pay anything, this fundraiser is FREE! It's only if you want to donate that you would give any money, and trust me, you may want to after seeing this movie.

The movie you'll be seeing is quite the tear-jerker, I've seen it before...just so you know what to expect. It made me want to help out SO much when I first saw it! And guess what? Another way to donate money to this cause, at the screening we'll be selling bracelets, and I'm pretty sure T-shirts too! So make sure to bring some money!

Even if you can't come, spread the word! Your parents, uncles, grandparents, siblings, anyone can come. You don't even have to go to Capo, any students from any school are welcome!

You guys, trust me, it'll be an amazing experience where you can get the opportunity to know that you helped out children in a country that can't have things like we do, get some food, and have fun. So, please let me know if you want to be there, I'll give you more information (:

No comments: