Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Swingin' down memory lane


On Saturday, I went to the gym in my neighborhood at this place called the Clubhouse. The Clubhouse consists of a gym, tennis courts, swimming pools, a basketball court, a park, a little gazeeboh (however you spell that) and a party room and some other fun stuff for Canyon Crest residents. In sixth grade, the park was me and my friends' main place to hangout.

I hadn't been to the park in forever, since they remodeled it last year. I was so mad that they remodeled it. Me and my friends carved our names in the top of the slide, my friends who had boyfriends at the time, carved their initials and all that. It was a fun little place where we had a ton of memories. And that's why I was so upset that they remodeled it.

I finally went to the park on Saturday morning, after I was done at the gym, because I had a lot of time on my hands before I walked home, and I was interested in what it now looked like. And to be honest, it's so cool! For like, 20 minutes I played on it by myself. They have this thing that you sit on, and once you turn yourself around a ton of times - sitting or standing - it spins really fast and it's so much fun! But, my favorite was that they now have swings, something they didn't have before. Swings are my favorite things ever. I swang for a while, and call me lame, but I had so much fun and I felt so...free! I felt like a little girl again, and that was such a cool feeling, because I felt like I did when I was carefree, had no strong emotions, and just played all day long. So many memories popped into my head as I swang. I felt like all my flaws just flew away in the cold breeze. It was great.

I think I'm going there every week now, if not every day. Yay, Clubhouse!

1 comment:

kayla rae said...

Oh, the little sticks that spin super fast are my very favorite!