Sunday, November 18, 2007

World AIDS Day. HIV/AIDS Youth Summit

Most of you already know, I'd like to tell you all about World AIDS day that's on Saturday, December 1. There will be a summit at Saddleback church for it from 9 AM to 1PM on that day teaching everyone about AIDS and what we can do to help. There's also a kickoff at Saddleback on Friday night from 7 PM to midnight. I know what some of you are thinking...

"But, I don't go to church.."
"I know nothing about AIDS, what help would I be?"
"I don't go to Saddleback."
"It'll just be a waste of my time."

It would be such an awesome opportunity if you went! I'm not saying you have to, but think of it this way:

8,000 people die everyday because of this horrible disease. That's about 3 high schools combined. EVERYDAY. Are you okay with that? Wouldn't you want some way to prevent that or help? It's easy, go to the summit! And the whole point isn't about if you go to church or not, but just to say you care about AIDS and you'd like to help. I don't know that much about AIDS, but that's one reason why I'm going to this conference...I want to learn more, and learn how I can help!

There will be amazing speakers like Rick/Kay Warren, Jenna Bush, Francis Chan, Shaun Blackeney, and John Thomas. You will also hear testimonies from people that actually have AIDS.

If you want to register, go to www.purposedriven.com/youthsummit

Please think about it. It's only $15. You can help change the world!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Hooray! I'll be there!

ponch0 said...

hooray i will be there!

rachel said...

jordan way to speak the truth! so glad you're going to the summit- it's gunna be stinkin incredible! Hey isn't that video amazing- the footage that is of beautiful African people is from my first trip to Rwanda... that was so my team and my brothers film.... super funny. i'm famous... just kidding. ur great!

kayla rae said...

I can't wait, it will be so great!