Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Grace, I call your name.

Last weekend at church in HSM, Nikki and Zach sang Grace by Phil Wickham and they said to not stand up, just stay sitting, and don't even sing, just listen to the words. So I just sat there, listening. I've never really listened to the words in the song Grace, except for the chorus. But I finally heard them, loud and clear.

I need eyes to be my guide
I need a voice that’s louder than mine
I need hope I need You
Cause I can’t do this alone

Grace I call Your name
Oh won’t Your smile fall over me
I’m cracked and dry on hands and knees
Oh sweet grace rain down on me I need You grace


When I listened to these words I lowered my face into my hands and thought of my brother Justin. He's going to Iraq in the beginning of November and I couldn't help thinking that this will be me in a month. I'll be needing God more than ever when he's over there and so will my family. I really haven't cried in forever, but all of these mixed emotions that were running through my head like fear and even lonliness, made me break down. But at the same time, I was overwhelmed that God provides so much love for us, especially at times when we really don't deserve it, but also when we really need it as well.

Your prayers are so important to me and my family right now, since this will be one of the hardest times of our lives.

3 comments:

rachel said...

wow. jordan. I find that my faith grows so much during hard struggles. I'm here for you.

Isaiah 41:10 (my favorite verse) So don't be worry for I am with you. Don't be afraid for I am your God. I will make you strong and support you with my right hand that saves you.

Jordan said...

thank you so much rachel

Heather Leith said...

wow, that's got to be so hard- i have a brother who i think is about your brother's age, ut i can't imagine what it would be like for him to leave for iraq!

you and your family are in my prayers (: