Monday, October 22, 2007

Fires

AH! It's so scary right now, knowing that these fires are so close.

Earlier today, my mom and I were driving to FUEL at church because we had not yet recieved the e-mail about it being cancelled since we were gone a long time before that. So we pull up to Saddleback and right behind it are gargantuin flames! My mom and I just stared. I ran up to Wildside tent and no one was there, like I thought, but it was so crazy standing right next to the tent, no one around, and just staring at the rising flames right behind our church.

About 10 minutes later when my mom and I drove home, we went to the highest point in Canyon Crest and met up with my family and our family friend's the Markowitz's. We could see everything from there.
It was so crazy. Looking down, we saw the fire in Foothill ranch, spreading as the wind would speed up. Then out of no where another random fire started, right before our eyes. I really never thought anything like this would ever happen to us. It's the type of thing you see on the news every week, but not to me and my friends. I know a few people who've had to evacuate and it's so freakin scary to think about.

Please pray for everyone!

No comments: