Wednesday, August 1, 2007

some exciting (and not so exciting) events

hi everyone! fist i'd like to say thank you to allison for helping me with my blog! you're so great!

second, i have a favor to ask of everyone. my big brother justin is in the marines and he's getting deployed to iraq on november 4th. yes, i know, it's totally scary! right now he's in some desert for training and he'll be there on and off until he leaves for good. you're prayers are so important to my family and for his safety so it'd be such a blessing to know that he's being prayed for. thank you so so much!!!!!

i have one more bit of exciting news to give you all. my sister nani is engaged!!!!!! ohhh my goshh i'm sooo excited you have no idea!!! my family and i love her fiance jason. he and my sister had been dating almost 3 years and have been through a LOT together and it's so great to see that they're finally going to spend the rest of their lives together! he also asked my dad's permission before he did it (what a gentleman!) here's a link to see the pictures of their engagement night (july 28th)

http://sbuniv.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2013839&l=97046&id=177500365

they were driving from park city, utah (where jason and his family live) to ephriam, utah (to where they met and went to college together). jason pulled the car into the parking lot of the church that they both met each other and he got out and told my sister to stay sitting on the seat so he coud read her a bible verse. he read 1 corinthians 13 (BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: 1 Corinthians 13) to her and said a few sweet things...and then pulled out the box. my sister was thrilled! and so were we when we found out when she said yes!

since my brother is leaving on november 4th, my sister really wants to have the wedding before he leaves. yeah, really soon. we're thinking the end of october...of this year. people think we're crazy, but it can happen! we've already done a LOT of planning in these past 4 or 5 days. i'll give you more updates later when we know more about it!

but for now, if you could just pray for:
my brother justin's safety
my sister nani's engagement and that we get all the planning done quickly and smoothly and that the wedding is perfect for she and jason.

thanks for everything and your prayers! i love you all! :)


2 comments:

jessie estupinan said...

I'll be praying for you! (:
And i'm so happy for your sister!

kayla rae said...

Hooray for Jen!