Monday, July 14, 2008

:(

Not a second goes by that I don't feel that ache,
The pounding, beating heart in my chest that breaks.
Yet not for myself, but another being,
Whose feelings for a girl are not quite ceasing.

I'm sorry to say that I don't feel the same way,
It's not you, it's me. Great friends is what I'd like to stay.
But you want more and promise there's more for me in store,
And you keep on telling me you love me to your very core.

But I tell you no, I cannot be forced
Into a relationship that will soon run it's course.
I weep at the fact that I'm breaking your heart,
The feelings that you have for me, I cannot start.

This situation is tearing up my soul,
I promise you your dream girl is out there if you let your love for me fold.
Now if I could ask you one thing it'd be "can we please stay friends?"
Because I know with all my heart I'll be there for you 'til the very end.

No comments: