Saturday, May 31, 2008

I got my braces off!

And then they put them back on :(

Okay here's the story:

Thursday, I went to the Orthodontist, and they said my appointment would be a little longer than usual because they had to re-position some of my brackets. Okay, whatever that means, I thought.
So I'm in the chair reading US weekly, when Dr. Staples (yes, that's my ortho's name, intimidating much?) tells me he's taking my front 6 braces off! I was like WHAT?! But then he says, we're taking them off, cleaning them, then putting new brackets on those 6 teeth and re-positioning them, so you're teeth will move faster. I was like, ugh! Well thanks a lot Dr. Staples for getting me all hyped up and then breaking my heart!
So they took off my front 6 braces. It was such a weird feeling not having anything there! They asked me if I wanted to see them in the mirror, but I told them no, because I'd be too sad to see what my teeth look like braces-less and then having to get them back on. But Dr. Staples wears glasses and I could kind of see the reflection of my little teeth. They looked so pretty :(
"Oh Jordan, you look so much older with no braces," Dr. Staples said.
Yeah Staples, thanks a lot.

Oh, just wait until I get my braces off for real!
I don't know when that will be, but I do know I'm on my last wire, so it'll be in a few months! Yes, I can't wait!

1 comment:

kayla rae said...

Oh, sad day...
I am not thinking I like this Dr. Staples too much.