Monday, October 6, 2008

God is SO great

Today in 6th period Geometry class, we had a (terrible) sub, so instead of working on class work, Jessica Raleigh and I started mingling, catching up on life, you know. It was lovely.
Until we overhear a girl in the front of the room named Taylor mention Saddleback church. So we started listening a little closer and she was telling someone about her weekend there and such. I'm not positive if she had ever been there before, but it didn't matter...the next part was the greatest thing ever.
Taylor: "I accepted Christ this weekend."
Me and Jessica: (gasp!)
Me: "Taylor, did you say you accepted Christ this weekend at Saddleback church?!"
Taylor turns around: "Yeah," with a smile on her face.
Me: (starting to choke up) "Can I please hug you?"
Taylor: "Ha ha, of course!"
So she runs back to me and Jessica and hugs the both of us and tells us how amazing the service and music was this weekend and how much of an impact it had on her. She loved hearing what Josh Pease spoke about and how much everything was just so moving to her. She said that she was already feeling Jesus changing her life and Jessica and I were literally about to cry with joy.
It made our day! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. God is so so great!

2 comments:

Erin Brady said...

Oh my gosh, that's incredible. She is obviously in your class for a reason. Be her friend, if you aren't already. In that case, be her friend x 2. :)

Jaclyn Parker said...

that is awesome!!! God is amazing!!