Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Math Class Sonnet

In Engish, we had to write a sonnet about a subject at school that we hate. Oh, Math! Perfect! A little info about sonnets, each line can only have 10 syllables and every other line rhymes. Here it is:

Oh, Mrs. Kubba's class, here in K-5,
I wonder what these problems really mean.
Math is so hard, it shouldn't be alive,
I wish I could be in another scene.

Calculators, fractions, rulers and more,
There's so much homework, I wish I could bail.
All of this nonsense is making me sore,
Falling asleep, gnawing my fingernails.

I dream of being in a happy place,
I wish so badly I could dissapear.
My bed, the beach, or even outer space,
Oh please, I would go anywhere but here.

In the end, I guess I will have to stay,
As long as I can walk out with an A!

Yep, this basically sums up my relationship with math. Ew.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, this is pretty good!