Saturday, December 22, 2007

One of my favorte things in life..

..is finding nice strangers when you really are not expecting them. Like today, for example, my dad and I were doing last minute Christmas shopping at Michael's where I was getting cute little picture frames for my friends (great deals, mind you). We went to the check out line and the cashier guy didn't look too friendly and had a look on his face like he wanted to get out of there. I was a bit distracted by his dread(dred?)-lock filled head also. I almost felt a little bad for him for some reason. Why does he look so sad? I thought. Right when we're leaving he says this, "One thing to remember for the rest of your life...NEVER dye your hair, please." At first I didn't get it, I thought he meant don't dye my hair because it might turn out looking like his or something. I thought he was just being random, and looked at him a little funny. But then he gave me a big smile and then I understood he liked the color of my hair, and thought it was pretty. "Oh, thank you," I said. "Have a merry Christmas," he said. This taught me that looks don't make a person, it's their heart that's the most beautiful. It was just a nice little comment, but it really made my day. I love it when this happens. (:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats cool.

I love it when that happens